Back on Track


 Hi everyone! Welcome to my tenth production blog. In this blog, i’ll be discussing getting back on track. Unfortunately, so far I’ve only filmed one scene, the Wilton Creamery Scene. Although I wish I was further, it’s okay, I know that I can still get the remaining scenes in enough time. The park scene is what we worked on today. Honestly, filming this scene made me so upset to film. There was so much noise working around us and honestly it was so irritating. While it was annoying, it would be ignorant for me to spend time complaining. The park is a public place where any and everyone is allowed to be, and i must abide by social manners. However, during the filming, there was a playgroup of young children playing eat we were seated. Of course the park is huge, but for the magnitude of the scene, I wanted some structure so it’s not just an empty scene. The scene  we were filming was a scene with just Jasmine and Lauren. After Jasmine finds out she’s being cheated on, she goes home and cyber stalks Laura for a while. After a while of stalking Laura, Jasmine then reaches out to Laura on Instagram for closure. Once Jasmine gets a response from Laura, they agree to meet up at the park and talk. Once they arrive at the park together, they disclose they didn’t know about each other and set out a plan to get revenge on Elijah, this part won’t be revealed just yet. For Jasmine’s character she’s supposed to by a sweet guy neurotic girl who is determined to get her justice from the way Elijah has hurt her. The scene I have pictured shows Laura sitting down calmer and more collected than Jasmine, with Jasmine pacing back and forth proposing plans to get revenge on Laura. Ideally I wanted them to shoot this scene on a playground fixture. However, I had to respect the playing children and move out scene elsewhere. I settled on the bench which can still portray the drama to the scene. Eventually after about an hour of reshoots and repositioning of the camera, we finally got the shot!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Location Disputes

Planning Blog

Genre Research - Drama